Double Check Essay Sample For Plagiarism Before Using It
When writing an essay for school or college, one of the most important things to remember is to check your finished work for plagiarism. Many times, plagiarism can occur without you realising it; one or two phrases worded to similarly to a previously published piece and you're in plagiarism city. So why is it so important to avoid plagiarism and why is it so important to double check to make sure you aren't guilty of it?
- In college, plagiarism is considered a serious offence. This is why it is so important to remember to credit all of your sources in your paper.
- If you are caught plagiarising, or even if you forget to credit a source, you will face the possibility of being expelled. It will also be drastically reduce your chances of being accepted into any other college course.
Peace of mind
- If you write an essay which you are truly proud of, the last thing you want to be left with is the though that your work might not be completely original.
- Double checking your essay for plagiarism will also put your mind at ease while you wait to have it corrected. You won't be constantly worrying that you will be kicked out of school.
- This may be a bit far fetched considering your essay probably won't get any further than your college, but you can never be too careful.
- Copyright law is an unpleasant thing, and those soulless copyright lawyers have no problem taking a college student to court if it mean a bigger pay day for themselves, so be careful.
Improve your skills
- Many people decide not to check their essay for plagiarism as they do not want to have to rewrite it if they find it is not original. If your essay tests positive for plagiarism, you may find yourself having to rewrite large portions of your essay just to make everything fit.
- Having to rewrite your essay, however, will make you a stronger writer. It will push you to be more creative and unique.
The moral implications
- I considered leaving this out, but it's as valid a point as any.
- If you knowingly plagiaries an essay, you will probably feel guilty; especially if you pass. Double checking your essay may seem pedantic, but it is the only way to ensure your work is free from plagiarism.